Horehound Tea is popular for being effective in treating respiratory problems, having antiseptic, anti-spasmodic, expectorant, diaphoretic and diuretic properties. Horehound is a perennial herb that grows in places like meadows, pastures, railroad tracks in the United States, Canada and Europe. Horehound can be recognized by its wrinkled leaves.
The main constituents of horehound tea include flavonoids, marrubin, caffeine, resin, tannins, fat and sugar.
How To Make Horehound Tea
To brew Horehound Tea, place about 2 teaspoons of horehound tea in boiling water. After that, let the mix steep for about 10-15 minutes. Having a bitter taste, the tea can be flavored with lemon juice and sweetened with molasses.
Horehound Tea Benefits
- Horehound Tea helps fighting respiratory disorders such as cough or asthma.
- Calms headaches caused by sinus infection.
- Relieves pain caused by cough or indigestion.
- Fights sore throat.
Horehound Tea Side Effects
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women should avoid drinking Horehound Tea.
- Black Horehound Tea contains certain chemicals that may affect treatment for Parkinson`s disease.
- Horehound Tea may interact with the effects of some medications, so avoid drinking this tea without medical advice.
Horehound Tea is a wonderful tea with many health benefits. Just try not to experience its side effects and enjoy its amazing benefits!