Goldenrod Tea has been known for its effect in treating kidney disorders. Goldenrod (solidago gigantean) is a yellow colored plant that can reach 3 feet in height. It is frequented by many types of crawling insects and butterflies and the seeds are being dispersed depending on the wind. The plant grows in North American woodlands, dunes and rocks.
The constituents of goldenrod tea are saponins, tannins, flavonoids and essential oils.
How To Make Goldenrod Tea
If you want to brew Goldenrod Tea, place 2-3 teaspoons of dried herb in a cup of boiling water. Let the mix steep for 10-15 minutes. You can drink goldenrod tea twice or three times a day!
Goldenrod Tea Benefits
- Helpful in the treatment of kidney and bladder stones.
- Alleviates sore throat.
- Relieves inflammation of the urinary tract.
- Eases whooping cough.
- Helps in the treatment of arthritis and rheumatism.
Goldenrod Tea Side Effects
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women should avoid drinking Goldenrod Tea.
- Can cause allergic reactions for people who are sensitive to some herbal plants.
- Can cause fluid retention.
- Might make the body accumulate more sodium, increasing blood pressure.
- May interact with the effects of some medications, so make sure you always consult your doctor before drinking goldenrod tea or any type of herbal teas.
Goldenrod Tea makes an excellent choice, being very effective in treating many disorders! Just make sure you read the side effects listed above and make sure you won’t experience them!