Boldo tea has a long medicinal history, according to recent archeological discoveries. It is a healthy choice for the liver, urinary tract and infections.
Boldo Tea description
Boldo is a tree found in the central region of Chile and near the Mediterranean. It is an evergreen shrub whose leaves are colored brown when dried and whose fruits are small green spheres.
Apparently, boldo use dates back at least 10,000 years.
Nowadays, people use this plant to aid digestion, cleanse the liver and increase bile production for gallbladder’s health.
Boldo tea is the resulting beverage from brewing the abovementioned plant.
Boldo Tea brewing
To prepare Boldo tea:
- Pour boiling water over 1 teaspoon of dried boldo leaves.
- Let the mix infuse for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Drink it slowly.
Boldo tea can be drunk three times a day for short periods of time.
Boldo Tea benefits
Studies have shown that Boldo tea is efficient in:
- treating urinary tract and bladder infections
- helping in liver cleansing
- helping alleviate heartburn
- relieving discomfort in the gallbladder
- helping treat mild stomach cramps
- treating worm infections
- helping in the treatment of cystitis
- treating gonorrhea
Boldo Tea side effects
Patients with severe liver or kidney disease or obstruction of the bile ducts are advised to avoid the use of Boldo tea.
Pregnant and nursing women should not consume Boldo tea.
Boldo tea is a medicinal beverage which proved its efficiency in dealing with liver cleansing and urinary tract infections. It is recommended to patients suffering from stomach cramps, but not only.