Agrimony tea is widely known for its therapeutical properties and healthy contribution in healing several diseases. It is successfully used in popular medicine since the Elizabethan age, and is considered to cure a large array of medical problems.
Agrimony Tea description
Agrimony is a dark green plant, from the rose family, originating from the temperate regions of Europe, Canada and US. It possesses a distinctive scent, usually compared to apricots, but slightly bitter.
In the Elizabethan era, herbalists largely used Agrimony due to its beneficent properties as a medicine.
Agrimony tea is the infusion made from the abovementioned plant, valued for its antioxidant and astringent properties.
Brewing Agrimony Tea
To prepare Agrimony Tea:
- Take 1 or 2 teaspoons of dried Agrimony leaves and flowers, for each cup of boiling water
- Let it rest for 10 to 15 minutes
- Cool and strain
The resulting tea has a nice amber color and a slight bitter taste.
Agrimony tea can be consumed three times a day, sweetened with licorice or honey.
Agrimony Tea benefits
Agrimony tea is widely known for its antioxidant and diuretic properties, but also for:
- fighting inflammations
- acting against viral infections
- treating kidney diseases and related bladder disorders
- aiding difficult digestions
- improving the liver function
- treating diarrhea both in adult and in child cases
- helping in cases of excess vaginal discharges
- fighting against rheumatism and arthritis
- curing mild coughs and sore throats
Externally, Agrimony tea can be used as astringent for wounds, for washing the eyes in order to treat conjunctivitis and as gargle and mouth rinse.
Agrimony Tea side effects
Agrimony tea is not recommended to be drunk in case of blood pressure medication intake.
Pregnant women and breastfeeding mothers should avoid this tea due to its influence on menstruation.
There have been acknowledged instances in which Agrimony tea caused digestive problems, aggravating constipation.
Agrimony tea is a healthy type of tea, recommended to people looking for a balanced diet and a mood enhancer.